Saturday 10 October 2009

Mary Rose Young

Anybody know anything about 'Mary Rose Young'? I picked this up at a Charity Shop quite a while back because I instantly fell in love with it. I had forgotten about it until I popped into my garage (remember that scary place?) and retrieved it. It's a bit dirty and slightly chipped, so am going to clean it up today. I wish I knew how old it was? It's so pretty and colourful, it really cheers me up and I adore things that are both beautiful and functional also. Anyway, on the base there is a name, Mary Rose Young - and I was wondering whether you know of her or about her? TTFN xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, I have never heard of her, but the way the name is done, it looks like someone made it and signed the name before it was fired.
    Hope you find some thing out about her.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Rose Young is a ceramic artist based in Gloucestershire. If you google her you will find her website and shop. Her ceramics are wonderfully colourful just like your lovely bowl.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen how much her pottery is worth?

    Try this link:

    http://maryroseyoung.com/product.asp?intProdID=537&intCatalogID=2

    £225 for something similar!!! What a find, Fleur...

    Clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good grief just looked at that link! sell it sell it! you could be a millionaire! (practically) x

    ReplyDelete